Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Calling Bloggers and the 'I Love Your Blog' Award



Well, what can I say? Early this week, I had a thought about how nice it would be if bloggers actively helped each other out. Now, I know that this is already happening in a number of ways through Entrecard, however, I feel that more, so much more can be done. Perhaps there are bloggers who are already doing ‘so much more’ but I am not one of them…yet.

So, this thought that washed up on my mindshore went like this: Imagine a group of bloggers who shared similar interests, aside from blogging of course. And imagine if we decided we would help promote and support each other and that we would do this in one or more of the following ways:

• Read each other’s blogs regularly (by subscribing to an RSS feed)
• Write about each other’s posts, blogs and/or interests/activities on our own blogs
• Send emails to our mailing lists recommending each others' specific posts (rather than the blogs )
• Send emails to our mailing lists alerting recipients of any goods/services that our blogger mates might be offering
• Develop a circle of friendship

So thinking, I made an intention to that effect. Well, the next thing I know, I was alerted of TWO AWARDS that I’d been honored with! Woo Hoo! How absolutely smashing! What a gorgeous surprise! I was thrilled, AND, I do not want to let this slip of serendipity slip away. This is one of the reasons why I am writing this post. Please read it carefully!

Dear Blogger LikeMinds, would you care to join me? Would you review my list of mutual support/promotion items above and let me know if you’d like to be part of this? We each have our particular talents and interests; the overlaps can facilitate joint ventures while the tangents can provide useful trails that we ourselves and our clients, friends and people on our mailing lists might explore.

All of this must, however, be undertaken with utmost honesty. In other words, I would not want you to write favorably about any of my posts if you had nothing favorable to say. By the same token, neither will I about any of yours! In my case, if I have nothing good to say, I won’t say anything at all. But I might be getting ahead of myself here. If you think you’d like to be part of something like this, leave a comment or contact me at lucy@lucylopez.net

Before I conclude this part of my post, I do want to say that I believe that for something like this to work, there must be:

• Pure, loving motivation/intent
• Frequency and consistency of promotion (at least one/week)


Alright, that’s all I’m going to say about that for now. I’d now like to say a few words upon being given the following award:




Firstly, thank you Tim for sharing this award with me. As a recipient of the award yourself, it makes more sense to me that you are sharing it with me rather than giving it to me, a difference that may not make sense to anyone but me!

Apart from what I’ve already said about being thrilled and honored and unashamedly delighted is that I hope that we continue to share this award in the spirit of true respect, admiration, appreciation and support for each other and the work that we do through and beyond blogging. May the light of our spirit, our passion and our spontaneous desires guide us and all those drawn to our light!

Before I share this award with a couple of others (I believe that as a recipient of this award, I now have the honor of doing that!), I would like to share some of my impressions of Tim (who is kindly sharing this award with me) and a couple of his blogs that I frequent, Cloud Pillows and Smoke Signals.

To start with, what charming names they are! I am a sucker for charming names/titles, so I was already feeling partial to these blogs when I first went visiting. Well, one good thing led to another and I found myself falling helplessly (and willingly) into the irresistible depth and untouched beauty of Tim’s poetry at Cloud Pillows. At Smoke Signals, I heard the voice of an earnest sojourner, exploring, observing, questioning and all the time, trying to find sense.

All these qualities of Tim’s writing, thinking and feeling often also happen to find their way into the comments he leaves at my blogs for which I am always grateful and by which I am often inspired. Comments like his give me further insight into the way we think, what we believe and why we do what we do. So well considered and composed are they, they just about make up for the lack of other comments! Yep, Tim’s comments are often the only ones my posts attracts! Thank you again Tim for your comments and for sharing this award with me!

Right, that said, I can now move on to the delightful duty of sharing this award with two others. I feel I should explain my reasons for choosing these two. The truth is, the title, ‘I Love Your Blog’ got me a little concerned. The word, love, in particular, caused concern. No blog that I could unhesitatingly proclaim ‘love’ for sprang to mind! However, there are several blogs that I have enjoyed visiting, if only for their visual beauty. Others, I have enjoyed for their unique voices, their sincere take on life matters or their irrepressible desire to share what they can with others. These are the sorts of things that I most enjoy in blogs.

Does enjoying something mean loving them? Oh absolutely! It invokes the sheer nature of love, without the trappings of attachment and exclusivity. At least, that’s what I would like to believe. And so, with my ‘criteria’ spelled out, here are two of several possible blogs that I would like to share this award with:

Soul Meets World
Live Passionately

To Alexys of Soul Meets World and Christine of Live Passionately and to all bloggers who currently share this award: Thanks for your contribution to the world of blogging and the lives of many!

2 comments:

  1. Greetings Lucy! Thank you - I am so honored!
    Of all the things I love about my life and work is the opportunity to meet amazing and dynamic women. Coaching women to guide them to discover their passion and create a life of purpose and prosperity is the most rewarding thing I could do in life. Watching the women discover inner awarenesses, aha moments, and spiritual breakthroughs is a life altering experience for me.

    I greatly appreciate this award from you and your kind words.

    Have a grand week-end.

    Cheers!
    Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy,
    Thank you so much for thinking of me and gracing me with this wonderful award.

    Blogging comes from the heart and I appreciate all of your love.

    Happy Blogging.

    ReplyDelete