Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

My sweet, sweet longing




You're baiting me. You want me to ask, "Well, who then, am I?"

Let me caress you and as I do, let me kiss you in every part, and as I do, let me tell you that you are profoundly beautiful and unimaginably true. So, there, I've told you who you are.

You've told me what I am, according to you, that is.

My sweet, sweet longing, bud of jasmine, dare I pluck you, preserve you lest you bloom fully and release all your perfume, so intoxicatingly divine? You are unmoved by my averment as do I remain unmoved from my love for you.

I am not unmoved. I, I..don't know. I feel as if I take you for granted and yet...I know how much I have come to rely on you. It's scary. Unhealthy. It will destroy me in the end.

My divine love, you can never be destroyed. Oh, how silly you sound. If only you could see yourself the way I see you, feel you the way I feel you, hear you the way I hear you, breathe you the way I breathe you. Then you would know without so much as a whimper or a sigh, that you are inexorably loved into life. That there is no life without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment