Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

A simple ritual




One of my daily rituals is a simple one. I sit in a half lotus position on a cushion on the floor and I enter into that wonderful dark place of infinite mystery and magic. It is the presence of my divine nature.

I offer blessings to the entire universe which really means being the peace, love, joy and limitless potential that I am as I remain one with all.

After an hour, having reconnected as fully as I can with my fundamental nature, I bring my hands together at my chest as if in prayer, reminding myself of what this symbolizes - the unity of all and it direction towards the highest source.


O Amida,
Oneness of Life and Light,
Entrusting in your Great Compassion,
May you shed the foolishness in myself,
Transforming me into a conduit of Love.
May I be a medicine for the sick and weary,
Nursing their afflictions until they are cured;
May I become food and drink,

During time of famine,
May I protect the helpless and the poor,
May I be a lamp,

For those who need your Light,
May I be a bed for those who need rest,
and guide all seekers to the Other Shore.
May all find happiness through my actions,
and let no one suffer because of me.
Whether they love or hate me,
Whether they hurt or wrong me,
May they all obtain true entrusting,
Through Other Power,
and realize Supreme Nirvana.
Namo Amida Buddha


Metta Karuna Prayer @ Buddhist Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment